When being considered for the next level of leadership, high-potentials need to move beyond being seen as a good manager or brilliant subject matter expert and start selling themselves as deserving of the spotlight. They need to have a heightened awareness of how they show up to others and be able to harness their authentic presence to earn authority and inspire followership.
Our work with high-potentials usually centers around helping them be more visible as a leader by boosting their confidence and communication skills:
- Identifying blind-spots and areas for development
- Speaking with confidence, clarity, authority and passion in a variety of casual and formal business settings
- Using personal stories and values to connect authentically with others and build trust
- Staying present in and calm during high-stakes situations
- Leveraging emotional intelligence to adjust approach