Motivate teams, communicate values and inspire followership.
Your leaders are a critical lever to your organisation’s success and can have a pivotal impact on both your business results and the performance of your employees. It is readily accepted that one of the key reasons employees leave an organisation is because of the relationship they have with their direct manager. Research shows that poor leadership or lack of leadership altogether is a key contributor to underperformance and employee turnover.
What is Leading With Presence?
Leading with Presence links the best practices from actor training with specific, actionable business behaviours to develop your leaders - the key people responsible for delivering the business outcomes your organisation is seeking.
How does leadership presence affect a business?
Participants will learn how to draw on their own unique history, strengths and style, and use the power of storytelling to inspire trust, promote collaboration, and galvanise the people around them to follow their lead and therefore reach breakthrough results. This is achieved through developing your leaders’ understanding of how to communicate and inspire commitment to business strategies, as well as supporting employees and team members during complex changes to help bring out the best in them.
Additionally, managers will be better equipped to develop or repair trust within your organisation and with clients. Perhaps the biggest take away from this program is the learned behaviours to engage authentically with all stakeholders - from employees to investors, to clients and the community. This authenticity will allow managers to be the inspirational role models you would want your leaders to be.
The value of this to your organisation is:
- Change is implemented more effectively, is embraced and your employees understand why
- Increased employee retention, buy-in and a willingness to apply discretionary effort
- Greater client satisfaction and reduced client defections
- Aligned Leaders across the business, resulting in more positive cross-functional collaboration
All of which will lead to better business performance and increased productivity.
Upon completion of the program, leaders will be able to:
- Engage, motivate and inspire their employees through an agile command of their own leadership presence
- Communicate authentically to build or repair trust
- Build relationships by being effective listeners who demonstrate empathy and find common ground
- Use storytelling and metaphors to engage around strategy, bring data alive, and make personal connections
Do you have high-potential employees that need leadership development? Contact us today to discuss which management skills courses would best suit your business.
Help your middle managers become tomorrow’s leaders.
- Background reading
- Questions for personal reflection & coaching preparation
Workshop Day 1
- Introduction to Presence Skills
- Becoming more expressive
- Connecting & Communicating with authenticity
Workshop Day 2
- Leveraging Storytelling for Business Communication
- Skill Application discussion and practice
- Action Planning