Virtual Instructor Led Programs
Digital Self Led Programs
Asynchronous online learning experience for groups of 10–5,000+
Ariel’s approach to virtual and digital design and facilitation
We have a holistic view of communication. We help people write and speak with emotional intelligence and impact—whether they are presenting to a group, sending an email, coaching a direct report, or responding to a client’s needs.
Creating a structure that works for you
Your solution can be any length for any number of learners. We can do small group or large group training— anything from 45 minutes to a full day of training (with breaks). You choose the content and objectives that work for your team, and we design a solution that fits.
Platform and delivery modality agnostic
We can deliver virtual training on any platform you prefer and have successfully used WebEx, Zoom, Adobe Connect, GoToMeeting, Centra, and others. Our facilitators are agile users of technology, and our content works on any platform. We use Thought Industries as our digital learning platform, and we can send you SCORM files of digital content to integrate into your LMS or host the learning through our site.
All our work is rooted in design principles that foster experimentation, feedback and application to individuals’ real lives. We accomplish this through focuses on:
Using experiential techniques
- Open each session with engagement that provokes curiosity and delight.
- Keep participants active and engaged through dynamic exercises.
- Promote self-discovered logic by asking participants to reflect on their own thinking and offer frameworks as best practices rather than rules.
- Use holistic exercises that activate critical thinking, emotional connection, and physical awareness.
- Create an environment of psychological safety that allows participants to take risks.
- Stretch people to think differently by learning concepts using topics outside of the work context to encourage experimentation before applying skills to their work.
Developing growth mindset
- Develop best practices for requesting, giving and receiving clear, relevant, and supportive feedback.
- Build confidence in the power of incremental practice to develop new behaviours.
- Provide opportunities not only for feedback, but for the chance to apply that feedback in real time to get a “win” that will reinforce the new approach and make the learning stick.
- Provide resources to reinforce and expand the learning after the classroom experience in the form of takeaway cards, recommended readings, videos, and client-driven tools.
Integrating expert models
- Draw upon our own researched models and frameworks in influence, engagement, presence, writing, and strategic thinking across all of its courses, using these models across our work to create a common language across levels.
- Deepen participants’ understanding of these models by providing new frameworks and behavioural skills that target both the application as well as the learner’s level.
- Connect our behavioural work to outside established models such as the Trust Equation as authored by Maister, Green and Galford, allowing our clients to create consistent and flexible learning paths.
Personalizing & contextualizing
- Teach concepts using topics, issues, cases that are real to the participants and aligned with your organisation’s competency development.
- Provide coaching based on participants’ own unique goals, context, and challenges.
- Facilitate provocative dialogue and debriefs to exchange perspectives and insights on the concepts’ application in participants’ day-to-day lives, as well as in the broader competencies of their role.
Increasing communication agility
- Centre the idea that communication should be audience-centred, with the chosen style, approach, and techniques always selected based on mindful analysis of the context and format.
- Use techniques of improvisational theatre to support creativity, play, and fresh thinking about participants’ behaviours and relationship to others.
- Incrementally develop new skill sets so participants can take focused risks, practice and master one new skill at a time, and then make flexible choices about how to use those skills in different contexts and applications.
In sum, we customise each experience to the learners in the room. Facilitators come to each session equipped with deep preparation in the context and culture of the organisation as well as insights from their experience working within the client’s industry. This knowledge allows them to adapt in the moment to link concepts to the participant context, facilitate rich debriefs, make simulations relevant, and provide cutting-edge recommendations rooted in the learners’ world. They adjust and evolve experiences as needed, and provide personalised coaching to make sure learners feel safe, engaged, and motivated upon completing their experience. There is no such thing as “off the shelf.”
We strive to always be evolving. We do this by staying in touch with the training industry as well as the industries of our clients. This helps us create a learning experience that is rooted in research yet allows for self-discovery in the moment.