Storytelling for Salespeople
Storytelling is a powerful tool for engagement and creating powerful, memorable connections that influence action. The most skillful storytellers understand that their stories are only effective when they are relevant and responsive to the audience—in content, length, and message. Salespeople and client facing professionals who can harness this tool enrich their sales presence and ability to connect with authenticity, demonstrate credibility, and build trust.
This workshop combines the best practices from actor training with specific, actionable business behaviors to help sales professionals use agile, responsive storytelling to authentically connect and influence. They’ll enhance their capacity to build relationships with prospects and clients through presence and enhanced listening skills. Participants will learn to use the power of storytelling to connect with clients’ hearts and minds, galvanising them to take action. After the session, they’ll leave with a library of stories they can use in any selling situation.
- Salespeople who need to better influence customers
- Sales managers who need to coach their salespeople
- Client facing professionals who need use stories to influence without authority
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Leverage the power of presence in order to connect, contribute, and collaborate with customers.
- Develop a deeper capacity to listen and reflect back as a way to build relationships.
- Practice and apply new skills and frameworks to integrate stories into business conversations with flexibility and authenticity.
- Begin to build a library of their own and others’ stories that can be used in a variety of situations.
Program Outline(2 x 180 minute Virtual Instructor Led Sessions)
VILT Session 1 (3 hours with 15 minute break)
- Participant check-in
- Heider and Simmel video – “Why storytelling?”
- 3 C’s of Relationship Building
- PRES Model and Presence Definition
- Breakout Rooms Exercise: Goal Setting
- One word story improv
- Vivid storytelling techniques
- Guided Imagery
- Breakout Rooms Exercise: Story sharing
- Plenary Story Sharing and Debrief
- Purposeful Storytelling
- Breakout Exercise: Situation and New Story
- Breakout Exercise: Trigger Questions
- Building a Story Library
- Interim practice
VILT Session 2 (3 hours with 15 minute break)
- Participant check-in
- Review key elements from Session 1
- Passionate Purpose warm up
- Review of Storytelling techniques
- “Agile” Storytelling
- Breakout Rooms Exercise: Integrating story into conversation
- Role=Play set-up
- Breakout Exercise: A’s Role Plays
- Fishbowl one or two A role plays
- Breakout Exercise” B’s Role Plays
- Fishbowl a B role play
- Commitments and Takeaways