Writing for Results
Our flagship writing program leads participants through the Three Steps to Writing for Results—a strategic, repeatable framework to create concise, action-driving documents.
Starting with audience analysis, then brainstorming, then choosing the best ways to group and sequence information, they plan, draft, and edit a piece of writing from their real to-do list. We tailor the program to your group’s specific needs, whether they’re writing email messages or complex reports and proposals.
By applying an easy-to-learn and proven process, they will communicate more strategically, model compelling writing for your organisation, create buy-in, build trust, and manage more productively.
- Managers who need to communicate with greater presence in their written communication (email, reports, board papers)
- Professionals/ Individual contributors required to better influence their audience through email and written communication
Learners use the Six Steps to plan, draft, and edit an on-the-job document. After the program, learners will be able to
- Position conclusions and action steps strategically.
- Analyse their audience to better influence their readers and strengthen relationships.
- Design for visual impact creating documents their readers will read first.
- Edit accurately using checklists.
- Build credibility and enhance professional image.
(2 x 120minute Virtual Instructor Led Sessions)
VILT Session 1 (150 minutes)
- Understand the Three Steps to Writing for Results
- Set writing goals and analyse the audience
- Connect the concept of an audience-centred focus to texts, IMs, and email subject lines
- Leverage a new technique to generate content ideas
- Group information according to “headlines” to create a clear structure
VILT Session 2 (120 minutes)
- Communicate strategically by sequencing ideas with a logical flow
- Draft documents with confidence and an iterative mindset
- Rapidly edit and finalise a document with confidence
- Action planning and close