COMMUNICATING WITH THE POWER OF PRESENCE
Show up with confidence, demonstrate credibility, and engage audiences.
- Capture Attention: By infusing expressiveness, vocal and physical presence, and intent into messages
- Respond with Speed of Thought: Being able to handle questions with self-assurance and poise
- Claim a Seat at the Table: By demonstrating the authority to be a leader
- Be Memorable: By tapping into and leveraging a unique, authentic presence
Communicating with the Power of Presence helps leaders, high-potentials, professionals, consultants, and others demonstrate the confidence that matches their expertise and intellect. By mastering the subtleties of voice, body, and message congruence, participants learn how to deliver clear, compelling messages and respond to audience questions with authority and composure.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Present themselves and their ideas with greater confidence and credibility in a variety of business settings
- Use words, body, voice, and facial expression with intention to communicate business messages
- Leverage specific aspects of their personal presence through an action plan for continued development
Who should attend?
- Managers who need to communicate confidently and credibly to their managers and teams
- Key professionals who have been given feedback that they “lack executive presence” or aren’t “seen as leaders”
- Professionals at all levels who present to senior audiences or in other situations where they need to be seen and remembered as experts
- Individuals being groomed for transition to next-level management/leadership
- Date: Wednesday 10th October 2018, 9:00am to 5:30pm
- Location: Cliftons Sydney, 60 Margaret St, Sydney NSW 2000 (Located in the MetCentre)
- Price: $695 plus GST
Supported by facilitator feedback and coaching, participants learn skills based on actor training to “own” how they show up in different situations
- Introduction to the Signals of Personal Presence: Participants learn and practice the behaviors they can dial up or dial down depending on their goals and the needs of their audience
- Commanding a Room: Participants learn the “High Presence Welcome” technique of commanding a room and setting the right tone. They then field improvised questions, using the presence of the “Expert” to handle a Q & A with confidence while maintaining a connection with the audience
Moving to business application, the afternoon focuses on rehearsing techniques and skills from the morning, presenting an excerpt of a business presentation, and receiving facilitator feedback.
- Communicating with Passion and Purpose: Participants work in pairs to rehearse and perform a theatrical monologue, applying the skills of the morning. The monologues stretch their level of expressiveness and challenge them to authentically connect with their audience
- Application and Action Planning: Participants apply the monologue rehearsal technique to their business content (the first 5-10 minutes of a presentation they need to deliver) thereby infusing expressiveness, vocal and physical presence, and intent into their message
RESERVE YOUR PLACE TODAY
Your facilitator: Johanna De Ruyter
Johanna is a presence facilitator for Ariel. She is also an accomplished theater practitioner, working for over two decades as a trainer, actor and collaborator on various award winning theater projects both nationally and internationally. Communication and the performing arts are her passion, particularly the area of improvisation.
Johanna has been committed to both the business and performing sides of Playback Theatre Sydney since 1991. This improvisational theater company delivers to both the corporate and community sector, using the performing arts to facilitate specific dialogue around particular issues.
She has also designed and delivered additional training programs using the performing arts, communication and creativity to meet distinct learning outcomes. Some of the clients Johanna has worked with include Vodafone, National Australia Bank, Westpac, Qantas, AMP, Coca Cola, GlaxoSmithKline, TAL, AbbVie, Pfizer, Stockland, Medibank Private, and University of Technology Sydney.
Johanna’s professional studies include a Communications major in a Bachelor of Arts Degree, Diploma in Movement (Drama Action Centre) and Train the Trainer (Cert IV).
As a long time practitioner of martial arts, Johanna feels this discipline complements her professional skills through the continual development of presence, strength, focus, flexibility and being in the moment.