It’s tough being in the middle. Managers need to think “big picture” while keeping a razor eye on the details. They need to show up well to senior leaders, build and leverage relationships across functions and motivate direct reports to execute on strategies and directives that are often difficult or unclear.
Our work with managers focuses on building presence agility in a broad range of business situations:
- Understanding the power of presence as it relates to status, perceived competence and trustworthiness
- Cascading strategy for peers and direct reports with clarity and color
- Influencing up down and across by building relationships and communicating with impact
- Motivating & inspiring performance while doing more with less
- Staying calm and collected in times of change or ambiguity.
Sound familiar? We’d love to discuss the unique needs of your group.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in the moment
- Able to “show up” and be fully present for others despite his or her own personal agenda
- Gives clear, inspirational and actionable direction to others
- Builds trusted relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Sets the emotional tone of meetings and interactions
- Able to cascade strategy and interpret/translate big picture vision for peers and direct reports