This one-day version of Leading with Presence focuses on using the power of storytelling to convey concise messages, build trust, inspire ideas and move people to action.
The Science Behind Storytelling
Recent neurological research on the way we process information through stories has proven what the most effective leaders and communicators have known since the Stone Age: that storytelling in a powerful and effective way to infuse ideas into the hearts and minds of others for lasting impact.
Storytelling In Business
In the business world, storytelling is an essential communications tool; it can make complex data accessible, build relationships with products and people, motivate teams towards a strategy and fuel compelling narratives that shape organisational culture.
Storytelling provides a highly experiential approach to development, combining pre-work, a classroom workshop, and reinforcement to strengthen learning outcomes.
Becoming a better leader with storytelling
A business with a remarkable story can win over its audience and influence its brand perception. It is up to every person in your business to share their version of the business story - from your leaders and managers to your individual contributors.
We have been telling stories for as long as we’ve been human–they are an absolutely essential part of everyday communication. When done well, storytelling can do wonders for a business, it can:
- turn a brand into a business legacy
- create a robust marketing strategy
- drive sales
- win the loyalty and affection of audiences
Our storytelling program addresses three key communication skills in order to improve managers’ performance when leading a team:
- Delivering a personal story that is audience ready, and can be linked to a strategic message.
- Using a broader range of physical and vocal expressiveness when presenting (less monotone, more modulation).
- Developing action plans with specific steps on how to continue developing their storytelling presence.
Learn how to use the power of storytelling to communicate, inspire, and move people to action. Contact us today.
- Questions for personal reflection
- Introduction to Presence Skills
- Communicating Expressively
- Using stories in business
- Sourcing stories
- Telling a story with impact
- Technical professionals
- Subject matter experts
- Sales professionals